Thursday, November 29, 2012

NO LIMITS


I have witnessed a miracle in my life. A real miracle. I was given a death sentence and God breathed life back into me. It was an obvious sign of Gods unfailing grace and I try to constantly thank him for his goodness. But sometimes I lose sight of who he really is. It is crazy to think that someone who has experienced him on a life or death level could ever forget exactly what God is capable...which is anything and everything that HE wants to do. I worry about my safety while driving to work.  I worry about my budding relationship and what will happen if it doesn't work out. I worry about people in my life and their safety. My life is a big bubble of worry. This has to disappoint God so much. Its like he parted the Red Sea for me and delivered me from Egypt and I am still wondering if he is capable of doing the things he already has done, Why does God have to prove himself to us time and time again but we never prove ourselves to him? Why can't we trust him?

He's got me. 

He will catch me if I fall. 

So.... what if I stumble, if I mess up big time? He knows we need him. He wants us to come to him and rely on him. Everything that happens in your life is an opportunity for God to show up. And when he shows up, he SHOWS up.  In a world of so many uncertainties, there is only thing that is certain, God will always be there. He is and wants to be your constant. I have to pray everyday for God to give me faith to really trust him. Im not talking about faith that Ill make it to the bathroom on time when I am sitting in traffic for over an hour and I really got need to go though that is always nice, I am talking about faith that sees someone in a wheelchair get up before my eyes, faith that he has my life planned out for me and completly trusting his ways, faith that moves mountains. I want faith that moves mountains. But the thing about that kind of faith is that it has to come from him. We need his faith in order to trust in him. Crazy huh?

This is such a crazy concept but my creator knows what I need. He knows what it takes to sustain life and he will provide. He will protect. He has proven faithful time and time again. What more do I need? Psalm 78 seems like it could be a transcript from my life, maybe many of yours as well. "They forgot what he had done, the wonders he had shown them...They willfully put God to the test by demanding the food they craved. The spoke against God saying "Can God spread a table in the desert? When he struck the rock, water gushed out, and streams flowed abundantly. But can he also give us food? Can he supply meat for his people?" When the Lord heard them he was very angry...Yea, they turned back and tempted God, and limited the Holy One of Israel." God had led the Israelites from Egypt and had promised "a land of milk and honey", yet they were unable to trust him and several of them never got to see the wonderful promises of God because they limited him. Limiting God is saying that you know better than what he has planned for you. I do not want to miss out on God's promised land for my life. I want God things in my life. "I came so that they may have real and eternal life, more and better life than they ever dreamed of." 

 I want to live in a constant state of amazement and thankfulness that my life is full of Gods penmanship on my map of life.

Dear God,

I am so sorry if I have limited you. I trust that you know what's best for me and that nothing is impossible with you as my contractor. I Thank you for everything I have in my life and for loving me so well. You amaze me everyday. Help me have faith that can move mountains. Amen.










 


No comments:

Post a Comment