Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The song of your heart



Ever had a particular song stuck in your head? You wake up with a song that it seems like your spirit is crying out? Today I had a song stuck in my head and really just the melody but I didn't think too much into it. I am going to be real and honest here because I believe in me being vulnerable with people who read this, it enables them to be vulnerable and open with God. My heart is broken and it hurts so I have been bearing my soul to Jesus. My facebook status is even reflecting what is going on in my life...

"After Jesus experienced the worst heartbreak of all time, where the people he loved nailed him to a tree while he looked at us in the eye and said "I love you", he could have stayed in that tomb but he got back up and rose despite everything that had happened. Moral of this story: Jesus lives in you and he got back up and you can too!!! ♥." 

As I was driving to meet with my small group of kids I work with at the Dream Center, the song kept playing in my head so I put it on and then realized the lyrics went right with what has been going on all day for me.....

"The Victory"
 On a hill Your blood was spilled
Your brow, Your hands, Your feet
With nails and thorns the veil was torn
To make a way for me, You made a way for me.

[Chorus:]
Jesus, Savior, my God, my King, my Lord
Jesus, Savior, the victory is Yours.

Wrapped and bound, they laid You down
A perfect sacrifice
But in three days, the stone was rolled away
Forever You're alive
Forever You're alive

[Chorus:]
Jesus, Savior, my God, my King, my Lord
Jesus, Savior, the victory is Yours
The victory is Yours

Death has been beaten
The grave has been conquered
Jesus is risen
Life ever after



I became overwhelmed by tears because I know what he was telling me, "I have already won your battles for you my child, the victory is mine, the three days are over and its time to rejoice." I then heard his voice say "Look at the sun" and there was a church's perfect steeple cross surrounded by the light from the gorgeous sunset. WOWZERS. Sometimes I can't even handle his love and how much he knows how to love me just the right way. I needed him more than ever today and he totally blew me away by his constant faithfulness and unfailing love. Jesus, the only thing I need is more of you. Thank you for showing up today and being the song in my heart.

Jesus, 
 I need you more than ever. Help me to realize daily how much you are the only thing I need and that you will never leave me or forsake me. You are always with me, every step of the way and I want to thank you for giving me the Holy Spirit to sing your song in my heart. Amen.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment