Wednesday, April 3, 2013

“Baptism separates the tire kickers from the car buyers.”  ~ Max Lucado

If the above quote is true, then I am officially a car buyer.
Sunday was my one year anniversary with rededicating my life to God after many years of going my own way. Honestly, I was raised in church but never really understand the depth of God's love for me because had I known, I never would have strayed from my shepherd. I was baptized as a little girl but I don't even remember and shouldn't something as important in your walk with God be a memory worth keeping? I decided to get baptized again last minute after I felt God tugging on my heart strings. But something was trying to hold me back from listening to God's still quiet voice.
 
 "There is noone here to support you." "You have no friends." "Wait until you are around people who love you." Shut up devil. I was halfway to my car even though I brought everything I needed to get baptized when I remembered that being obedient and putting my faith in action is what it is all about. It had nothing to do with anyone else and everything to do with my God and me. I turned around and found myself taking off my shoes and jacket and getting in line with everyone else. I know that it was something God wanted me to do because the devil was trying so hard to convince me otherwise. I was so nervous.I stepped in the water and honestly, I don't really remember much. I have no idea how I got underwater, what was said, and if I watched a video, it would be like I was watching it for the first time. 
 


But I did it. And that's what God looks at, if we care less about what others think than what he thinks. He looks at our heart. And on Sunday, I felt him saying "Way to go my daughter, I am pleased with you." And that is more important to me than anything in this whole entire world. Challenge accepted.... and completed. High five for Jesus.

 
 
Dear God,
 
Help us to listen to your voice above anything else. We want your will in our lives. We want to be obedient and please you. We love you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment