Monday, January 6, 2014

Why a breakup was the best thing that ever happened to me


Six months ago, I would not have agreed with the title of this article. My heart was broken. I had met the man of my dreams and he dumped me very harshly one unexpected night. For the next month, I couldn't eat, sleep, and all I wanted to do was cry. I wondered why God had let this happen and often cried out to him asking him why. Then one night I heard his gentle still voice say "I didn't do this to you, I did this for you." In that moment, I understood and trusted him that he had better plans for me. I began to thank God for loving me enough to protect me from anything he had not planned out for me even if it meant being hurt in the process. 

As my heart began to heal, God gave me a strength to carry on with my life. I learned what it meant for him to be the lover of my soul. He taught me the true definition of unconditional love. I was able to finally see the woman of God that God saw in me and to truly love myself. And today, six months later, I am the happiest I have ever been in my life. Sometimes you have to go through the fire to refine you and become the woman of God wants you to be. 

Here are 10 Bible verse that helped me get through one of the toughest seasons in my life:

1. "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11) This is such a comforting promise that the God of the entire world has a special plan for your life and not only is it a plan but hopeful plan filled with a future. 

2."I will be your God throughout your lifetime- until your hair is white with age. I made you, and I will care for you. I will carry you along and save you." (Isaiah 46:4) If he made me, he cares for me. 

3. "Men have not heard nor perceived by the ear, nor has the eye seen any God besides you, who acts for the one who waits for him. You meet him who rejoices and does righteousness." (Isaiah 64:4) Fear tries to creep in but I know that my God is ready to meet me as I wait for his plan for my life to unfold.

4.  "So we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory." (2 Corinthians 4:16-18) These moments of hardship are temporary and prepare me to be more Christlike. I focus my eyes on eternal things, not momentary afflictions.

5. "The Lord your God in your midst, The Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing." (Zephaniah 3:17) God rejoices and loves me. His love brings still quietness to my soul. 

6. "The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid, do not be discouraged." (Deuteronomy 31:8) I am not alone and never will be because God will never leave me and no matter who walks out of my life, God will always remain by my side. 

7. "But those that wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles. They shall run and not be weary. They shall walk and not be faint." (Isaiah 40:31) Something about the waiting produces a Godly strength. I want to be a strong Godly woman.

8. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13) There is nothing that life can throw at me that I can't get through because the source of my strength is Christ.

9. "In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." (John 16:33) He didn't say that it was going to be easy. Life will be hard but because he lives in me, I am an overcomer too.

10. "Fear not for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; You are mine, When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, nor shall the flame scorch you." (Isaiah 43:2) I am God's daughter and he won't let anything harm me. He will be with you through the rivers and fire of life and nothing will overtake me because he holds my hand. 

I hope this encouraged you. God is so good and faithful. He will never let you go!

No comments:

Post a Comment